Dear Mathemania Puzzle Contest 2021 participants,
Horizon International School Uganda is delighted to welcome you to Mathemania Puzzle Contest 2021. It is with excitement and great anticipation that we await the contest to serve more students every year to help them develop some fundamental skills needed for 21st-century education. This year’s edition of the contest will be internal and closed to only students of Horizon International School, dates for for an external contest will however be communicated at an appropriate time.
The puzzles in Mathemania Puzzle Contest are designed around 5 basic skills that are essential for students’ success in different subject areas such as mathematics, sciences, and technology. These include; Counting, Pattern, Visual, Logical reasoning, and Spatial.
The major aim of Mathemania is to allow the learners to apply these five skills in problem-solving and to make mathematics more lovable and fun. The contest will consist of two categories, i.e. the primary category and the secondary category. The participants are between the ages of 11 – 18.
Due to the current Pandemic, this year’s contest will be held online on 30th October 2021 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The link and passcode to the contest will be sent to all participants.
About the skills:
- ARITHMETIC: Where understanding of numerical skills is assessed.
- VISUAL / SPATIAL: Where the visual skills are required to solve the puzzles.
- COUNTING: Where students are required to use a systematic way to count.
- PATTERN: Where the discovery of different level patterns is expected.
- LOGICAL REASONING: Where students use their logical and reasoning skills to tackle the puzzles.
- Stable Internet
- Practice booklet
- Laptop, desktop or phone.
- Each question will take 2 minutes
- You cannot revisit the question after you have left it
- During the exam, you cannot open another tab
- During the exam, you cannot minimize the browser
Click here to download the primary category sample questions click here
Click here to download the secondary category sample questions click here