7TH MATHEMANIA OLYMPIAD EDITION
Dear Mathemania Puzzle Contest 2020 participants,
Horizon International School Uganda is delighted to welcome you to Mathemania Puzzle Contest 2020. It is with excitement and great anticipation that we await the contest to serve more students every year to help them develop some fundamental skills needed for 21st-century education.
The puzzles in Mathemania Puzzle Contest are designed around 5 basic skills that are essential for students’ success in different subject areas such as mathematics, sciences, and technology. These include; Counting, Pattern, Visual, Logical reasoning, and Spatial.
The major aim of Mathemania is to allow the learners to apply these five skills in problem-solving and to make mathematics more lovable and fun.
Due to the current Pandemic, this year’s contest will be held online on 31st October 2020 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. The link and passcode to the contest will be sent to all participants countrywide after registration.
The participants are between the ages of 11 – 18. Schools from different parts of the country are invited to participate and the experience is always awesome. Learners are never the same after participating.
About the skills:
- ARITHMETIC: Where understanding of numerical skills is assessed.
- VISUAL / SPATIAL: Where the visual skills are required to solve the puzzles.
- COUNTING: Where students are required to use a systematic way to count.
- PATTERN: Where the discovery of different level patterns is expected.
- LOGICAL REASONING: Where students use their logical and reasoning skills to tackle the puzzles.
- Stable Internet
- Practice booklet
- Each question will take 2 minutes
- You cannot revisit the question after you have left it
- During the exam, you cannot open another tab
- During the exam, you cannot minimize the browser.