What is Owlypia?
Owlypia is an exciting international competition for students aged 9-11 (OWLINS), aged 12-14 (OWLETS) and 15-18 (OWLYS). Owlypia aims to inspire intellectual curiosity in every young mind and has a central theme each year. Owlypia was founded in 2017 by Perceptum Education, a certified Social Enterprise based in London, UK. In Owlypia, students can participate in three competitions:
- Owlypia Online
- Owlypia Locals (Onsite / Virtual)
- Owlypia Globals (Onsite / Virtual)
And as Horizon International School we are honoured to host the Owlypia Locals Virtual
By participating in the Owlypia competitions in five different subject areas, young intellectuals share their creative ideas, develop their multi-disciplinary academic skills, unlock their potential, build self- confidence, develop collaborative teamwork skills and create new friendships.
Owlypia has five subjects, which are Social Sciences, Art & Design, Literature & Culture, Science & Technology and Economics & Business. If you enjoy thinking, writing and talking in a social and academically stimulating environment then, this is the challenge for you!
Find starter package on the right pane
Take five challenges during the competition
- Knowledge Challenge
- Pen Down Challenge
- Speech-Craft Challenge
- Impromptu Challenge
- Team Spirit Challenge
- Each student will choose a favourite subject where 100% of the questions will come from.
- It is compulsory to take Owlypia Local Competitions.
- Any student aged 9-11 (Owlins), 12-14 (Owlets) or 15-18 (Owlys) can enroll to take part in this online competition.
- Participants must choose their favourite subjects and prepare themselves for the competition.
- Students need to use the recommended resources indicated under the subjects.
- All participants must take the online test at their school or at an official Owlypia Exam Centre under the supervision of their teachers or supervisors. The test will be invigilated in designated rooms; however, no guidance or support will be provided to the participants in any way.
- The online test will be available to the students with a unique code/link, which will be sent to them by email in advance.
- Participants should follow the instructions on their screen on the day of examination.
- All Owlypia Online Competitions focus on the theme of the year.
- Each Owlypia Online Competition consists of different questions.